Job Description & Requirements
Medical Surgical Nurse - Travel - (MS RN)
This Med/Surg Rehab unit boasts the latest in advanced technology housed within a caring and effective patient care model. A new MS RN team member is needed to round out the care model. This position presents a great opportunity to learn the latest technologies while providing excellent care within a passionate team environment.
1. General job duties/ Types of procedures required: Knowledge of basic surgical post-operative care, Knowledge of tubes and drains. Accurate I&O, knowledge of post-operative complications
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.): EPIC, pyxis, Alaris IV pump, SCD machines, wound vacs, Chest tubes, NGT and suction
3. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?):
12 hour shifts; 36 hours weekly, every other weekend, rotating holidays
4. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?): Yes, Med-Surg, 3east, 4 West
5. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept: 42 bed unit
6. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only): Days 4-5, nights 5-6
7. Dress Code: Scrubs, any color, well fitting
8. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program: 1st day will be with preceptor until 3pm, then with manager, HR and completing healthstreams.