Job Description & Requirements
Oncology Nurse - Travel - (Onc RN)
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Take care of Oncology patients that are newly diagnosed, dealing with the side effects of chemo and/or radiation and disease process. Also administer to death/dying patients from multiple disease processes. Supplement census with medical patients. Assist with bone marrow biopsies.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
EPIC-charting, Pyxis-meds, Alaris-pump, Sapphire-epi/peridural, wound vacs
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
3 years min experience. Prefer experience in oncology and/or hospice but will consider other applicants
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
IL RN license required
BLS required, ONC and/or Bio/Chemotherapy Certification required
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
12 hour shifts,
4 Weekend shift/6 wk schedule
Must be willing to float to Med/Surg units in turn with SAMC RN staff
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Yes….1 South, 3 South, 3 East, 4 East (Med-Surg Units)
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
23 bed unit
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
Days 1:5 Nights 1:6
9. Dress Code:
Plain colored scrub pants. Any color scrub top. Clean, Neat and Tidy
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Orientation to Unit = 2 Days